It's not a knitting FO, but I'm super pleased with how this turned out:
Remember the sad tragedy of my cashmere sweaters, all chewed up with holes? Since they were already ruined, I figured I'd at least try to rescue them.
And it worked! I picked out 5 colours of cotton embroidery thread, and just free-styled. I started with the larger patch on the bust- that's where the biggest hole was. I darned the hole shut, and then began working irregular shapes in different colours over it. I then used pairings of 2 colours at a time to cover up any of the smaller existing holes.
Once that part was done, I looked at the sweater and figured out where else I'd like a little tiny bit of colour, to balance out the 'design' and make it seem intentional, like it came from Anthropologie or something.
I like the amount of colour I ended up with- it feels like just the right amount, especially with the stripes. Once cashmere sweater saved, Another two to go!