Sunday 12 August 2007

Key Largo, Montego, baby why don't we FO !


Montego Bay Scarf
Pattern: Montego Bay by Amy Singer for Interveave Knits Summer 2007 Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cathay (cotton, silk, microfiber) x3 for the body and . 25 of a 4th for the fringe Needles: 6.00 wooden straights gifted by Travis last xmas Modifications: I used larger needles to make it airier and less fringe(2strands) so I'd have a 4th ball to make some wristwarmers out of in future~! Notes: I realize now how torrid this love affair was. I set aside everything I'd been working on and feverishly worked away to finish this scarf. After the inital set up rows I had no problems with this pattern, no problems counting 3 or 4 at the beginning as I would take the clue of the end of the previous row. It did not lag on, as I've seen other bloggers suggest... I believe from start to finish it took me one week of subway knitting, couple skate sessions and approx 2-3 movies. hardly a project that requires a lot of commitment- though I did give myself over to it completely. Have I gushed enough? bah, one more. Cathay- How do I love thee? let me count the ways. 1. the color ranges are fantastic. The seafoam I choose has such depth from the silk and microfiber 2. it's drape is so magnificent- van eyk woudl be proud!! 3. did i mention it's freakin soft? 4. IT WAS ON SALE!!!! (can I get an amen?))
Montego Bay Scarf Montego Bay Scarf

4 comments:

Farrah said...

I am in love with your scarf! I have been stalking it (okay, that sounds weird- I have been following the progress on your blog and then saw the FO on Craftster) and am just so in love. I am going straight to Ravelry right now to put this scarf in my queue.

lekkercraft said...

that's just gorgeous!!

kelli ann said...

oooh, i love it!

j.sun said...

hehe, thanks guys :)

gotta love intarweb validation
*lol*