Monday 13 August 2007

My Precious.....

My Koigu arrived!!
Koigu Painter's Palette (colourway #217)

My plan was to get some Koigu and make lots of baby booties. My friends just keep having little ones, and I figured it would be worth having a stash of pre-knitted baby things to whip out when needed. A nice bright colourway that would be good for boys or girls seemed like a good choice. Only now, I want to keep the Koigu for myself and keep petting it. Bad, greedy knitter that I am.....

I got a ton of yarn from KnitPicks this week. The yarn on the left (the blue 'Dusk' and beige 'Fawn') are for Baby Norgi, a sweater I'd like to knit for Ben, the eldest of my friend's children, who will turn 2 on October 1st. Ideally, I'd like to have a completed Baby Norgi to present to him on his birthday.

But that lovely 'Amethyst Heather' on the right is for me- I've succumbed to the many beautiful Forecast cardigans I've seen on Ravelry, and I'm going to knit my own. The only thing that is keeping me from being selfish and casting on for it immediately is that I didn't get gauge on the needles, and I need to go up a size, which I don't have. But I'm sure I'll solve that problem before the week is out...

1 comments:

j.sun said...

what size needle? I might have it.