Sunday 29 July 2007

Montego Bay, Remixed

Montego Bay is a pretty simple pattern comprised of a 4 row repeat. That's it. It's simplicity is what makes it so darn attractive, if you ask me. Lace for those are not into lace..
Here's Jen's:

I am not a lazy knitter. I don't usually take shortcuts. But for some reason, I rebelled against the simple 4 row repeat that comprises the pattern of Montego Bay. I just didn't want to learn which row had 4 stitches at the beginning or three. So, I modified it- K3, *yo, k2tog*, K last three stitches. Lather, rinse, repeat.

This affects the pattern, of course. Instead of the simple lace moving in a diagonal to the edge, mine will be completely vertical. I'm enjoying the experiment, but really it's just shown me that I have no real love of ribbon yarn. Although the Lang Moon is great (if you like ribbon yarn), I just hanker for the elegant simplicity of Jen's Debbie Bliss Cathay when I see it. But hey, at least I'm busting some stash.

1 comments:

Knitterella said...

It looks great! Even better knowing that your a using up stash yarn!