Friday 27 July 2007

I thirst to be thirsty in Montego Bay

We are both knitting the same project at the same time, which does not usually happen here at Teamknit. Montego Bay (which makes the song pop into my head immediately every time I say it)is currently occupying our thoughts. Jen called it first- she loved the pattern right away. She envisioned it in a summery shade, something light and cool in the summer. Her previous post with the Debbie Bliss Cathay is what she decided to use, and it's so gorgeous:
I came round slowly, mainly because I was obsessed with finding something to do with the many, many skeins I bought of Lang Yarns 'Moon' for a $1 per skein back when Knitomatic was having a crazy sale. Here's a close up:

That's an accurate colour shot- "azalea". Pink without being babyish. I have swatched this stuff a million times, and really struggled with what to do with ribbon yarn. And then I figured it would be good for something that had a lot of yarn overs, to really showcase the ribbon.

Although you can't see the colour properly there, I'm really liking it so far- soft and squishy are the adjectives that come to mind when I pet it.

I think when we are both done we'll have to have a photo shoot where they are side by side. It would be fitting if we could do this in the real Montego Bay, but tragically we'll have to make do with Toronto.

0 comments: