Monday 22 April 2013

Modification Monday: Simple Twist



Original Pattern: Simplest Sweater

Knitter Extraordinaire: Mary (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Added length to create a tunic, worked in reverse stockinette and added a dramatic cable for visual interest. Project page is here.

What Makes This Awesome:  Mary was smart to choose a really simple original pattern to modify, because it was a great backdrop for her to get creative with her knitting. Changing it up from stockinette to reverse stockinette gives the tunic lots of texture, and adds to the drama of that big, bold cable on the side. She took this sweater from simple to stunning!




6 comments:

behind the ivy said...

That is a gorgeous jumper!

Erin Kate said...

Love this mod! You always pick the best !

Nat at Made in Home said...

I will have to fav this one on ravelry, it is amazing!

Martine said...

I love your blog, I recently discovered it by coincidence :) I´ve added you in my blogroll, and will definitely visit you again :) Your knitting is so beautiful and creative, I love inspiration like that :)

xx, Martine (Norway)

Julie White said...

So beautiful, a new favorite in my list of todos. Thank you!

Lurdes Silva said...

Is so beautiful, i love it, kiss