Monday 4 March 2013

Modification Monday: Pomegranate



Original Pattern: Buttercup

Knitter Extraordinaire: Larisa (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Added vertical lace to the body, added lace and buttons to the sleeves, and reduced increases for the boy for less of an A-line silhouette. Project page with great mod details can be found here.

What Makes This Awesome: The original Buttercup pattern is a lovely and simple top that allows for a lot of experimentation, as Larisa shows us with her gorgeous take on the pattern. I love the vertical lace she chose- it's simple but great visual detail. And the sleeves! I love the sleeves, the buttons are perfection. I also love that shoe reduced the A-line to make a better fit. Sometimes I've shied away from A-line sweater patterns because they  don't really suit me, but Larisa shows that it's easy to adjust for a better fit, with beautiful results!



5 comments:

szyleczko said...

Lovely! Perfect for the coming season! I'll use the pattern for sure :) Thanks a lot!

Little Miss Know-it-all said...

That is gorgeous - I think I need to revisit Buttercup! I did make it once in a rather shiny cotton and I think it was just too big so it gaped. This one, on the other hand, is simply perfect and had me going duh!! Thanks for pointing this great adapation out :)

Katie said...

This is so pretty. I love the colour you have chosen. Will have to add this to my to do list, thanks for the adaption :)

Farm Girl Hannah said...

That is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Such a pretty color!

Rob Knits said...

Catching up with Mod Mondays: the success of this modification made me go back and take another look at Joan MacGowan-Michael's Krista Tee, though I think I prefer the lace at the neckline of this version. And I love the idea of a closer-fitting Buttercup.