Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 in Review: Happy New Year!

2012 in review
The round up of 2012's FOs!

My goals for 2012 were to have 20 FOs and 5 new patterns, and I did it! I managed 30 FOs, which is due in large part to the increase in baby knits. I love how quick they are, and it's so satisfying to see Lila in her baby knits.  And for new patterns, I had 6 this year:
2012 patterns

Top row: Strada, Wildflower Tank, Sencha Scarf*. Bottom Row: Gin & Tonic, Nashira, Solaria.  
*Strada was an exclusive pattern for the 2012 Year in Colour Club from Tanis Fiber Arts. it will be available for sale to the public very soon!

Although perhaps technically I only wrote 5, as the Wildflower Tank was actually written up last year, but was released in the spring.  I also managed to revamp the blog and then there was that whole 'had an awesome baby' thing. I'm feeling pretty good about my productivity, all things considered.

I spent a lot of time thinking about what my goals should be for 2013. I want to push myself, but also have the goals be realistic. I think I'll aim for another 30 FOs this year, and designing 6 patterns. I'd also like to try a new technique or two, so we'll see what happens! As for you, my bloggy friends, I want to thank all of you. Thank you for reading this blog, commenting, lurking, and just generally being a part of my life here at Knitted Bliss. You guys are awesome. I wish you all a healthy, happy, wonderful 2013.

21 comments:

duni said...

thank you for keeping us up with your fabulous life. here's to another great year!

Zenitude said...

You should be proud of yourself for doing so much while being a new mom!
I also wish you a healthy happy 2013, your blog is such a delight and constant inspiration.

Monica said...

Certainly a very productive year! All the best for 2013, I cannot wait to see some more of your designs and projects.

Unknown said...

2012 was such an awesome year for you. It's crazy to see that photo of Lila in the bunny hat, she's so young!!! She's grown so much already. All the best for 2013!

Voie de Vie said...

All that *and* a baby - I'd say that's pretty impressive!

All the best in 2013 - may it be a fun ride.

Katie said...

Not too shabby!! As long as there are more photos of Lila in the future, I'm happy!

Evelyn said...

It's so nice to see all your accomplishments -- what colors, what yarn! Wishing you and yours joy and more happy memories in 2013!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gallery! you've created so many beautiful things! seeing everyone's year-end wrapups are truly inspiring.

Candice said...

Lila is the cutest!

Btw - For some reason I can't access the KnittedBliss archive. I try clicking on the archive tab but nothing happens. The other tabs work for me though.

Lilje said...

Thank you for blogging, it really is a treat reading about all your great projects. Keep up the good work! :)

DebNC said...

Thank you for such wonderful eye candy through out the year. I just love the Gin an Tonic hat, I have knitted 4 of them so far. I have gifted 3 and wear mine daily! Thank you again and can not wait to see what 2013 brings.

Hilary said...

6 designs, 30 FO's, AND a baby?! That's pretty impressive, Julie! It's been wonderful to watch your knits over the past year, and I'm excited to see what 2013 has in store!

Teresa said...

What a great round up! Congratulations on meeting those goals. I'm looking forward to 2013's knits :)

eliza said...

what a fantastic year of knitting: your FO's are gorgeous, as are your patterns and your daughter (though she isn't knit... but she wears them!)! congratulations all around, julie! thank you for continuing to be such an inspiration to me!

Audry said...

I'd say that 2012 was a success. I look forward to all your posts in 2012.

Kathy said...

An amazing year on the knitting AND life front! Congrats and hope 2013 brings more of the same.

WildflowerWool said...

Happy 2013 to you. What a productive year you have had. Good luck with this year's knitting!

Maryse said...

Wow! What a year! Happy 2013!

Lina said...

Happy New Year! Seems like your 2012 was so busy! I can't imagine doing it all with a baby... as a matter of fact, I didn't with my baby, so I'm even more impressed. Looking forward to seeing all the FO's and designs you're planning for this year. :)

Jacey said...

You had a very amazing 2012, and I know 2013 will bring more good things. I always enjoy popping in here to see what you've been doing!

Kelley said...

Congratulations! Could you add one more goal? Writing a planning/organizational book for the rest of us? :)