Monday 12 November 2012

Modification Monday: The Modified Beatnik



Original Pattern: Beatnik

Knitter Extraorinaire: Jenny (Ravelry ID, blog)

Mods:  Turned the pullover into a cardigan, lengthened the sleeves, changed the cable design on the front peices, Project page can be found here, and great details on the mods can be found here.

What Makes This Awesome: I love it when knitters turn cardigans into pullovers and pullovers into cardigans. This sweater looks stunning as a cardigan, and the differently cabled fronts are perfectly at home in this design. The longer sleeves are ideal for a cabled cardigan like this, and the whole effect is stunning. I love how Jenny detailed the mods so thoroughly on her blog- she even gives a step-by-step on the fronts (which she totally created herself). Such a beautiful cardigan!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

I don't always comment, but I do love Mod Monday and the great examples you highlight. Inspiring and thought-provoking.

Anonymous said...

Maybe eventually I'll work up the courage to do a modification like this! I am a sucker for cardigans.

Susie said...

Your Cardigan came out beautiful!