Monday 16 July 2012

Modification Monday: Inspired


Original Pattern: Inspira Cowl

Knitter Extraordinaire: Lynn (Ravelry ID, blog)

Mods: Added a garter stitch hood, added different fair isle motifs, and a picot trim. Project page is here.

What Makes This Awesome: I love how Lynn incorporated different colourwork charts into the original design- there are so many inspiring books and designs with amazing charts, it's great to use them in a stunning colourwork caplet like this one. The garter stitch hood is a great way to add extra warmth and texture to the design. Every modification on this is spot-on and beautiful!

9 comments:

Naycha said...

I love it! Have always loved that pattern, but the addition of the hood is genius!

Voie de Vie said...

Colorful and super warm - I love these mods too!

juniperjune said...

wow, this is gorgeous!!

Evelyn said...

The original pattern has been on my queue for ages and now seeing this? Wowza!

Maritza said...

Hi..... it is very lovely and charming... I liked very much ponchos!!!!and it look likes extremely warm...You are beautiful and that colours matches you perfectly!!! greeting from Chile.

Anonymous said...

Almost converts me to horizontal Fair Isle stripes and ponchos (I'm short). I could cozy up in this in a heartbeat.

azwoolgirl said...

How gorgeous!!!

Jacey said...

Wow. It's so bold and awesome!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Great modification Monday!