Monday 19 December 2011

Modification Monday: Blue Shift



Original Pattern: Pearl

Knitter Extraordinaire: Joanne (Ravelry Id)

Mods: Transformed the raglan t-shirt into a stunning sleeveless shift dress. Great details on exactly how she did it can be found on her project page, here.

What Makes This Awesome: This dress is an absolute stunner of a modification! I love how chic and even sort of retro the silhouette looks as a sleeveless dress. I'm in awe of Joanne's vision in creating this dress. She even chose the colour based around the fabulous buttons, and I can't imagine the dress without the buttons- it's like the icing on the cupcake, don't you think? I love everything about this knit!


11 comments:

lauren said...

WOW that is fabulously chic!

Anonymous said...

Totally like this. Actually I see this on me without the buttons and a bit more flare in the skirt. Very sixties, so cool! Awesome job!

Jacey said...

It's a beautiful dress! And I agree; the buttons are a perfect touch.

Kitty Couture said...

This is amazing! Very couture.

grandmastatus said...

Beautiful!

Kat said...

That is stunning! I can't even knit myself a cardi that fits properly let alone a whole dress. I wish I had her skills!!!

Melanie Routhier said...

Oh my goodness! This is stunning, such a great mod.

Nat at Made in Home said...

that is really impressive! Love that blue!

Anonymous said...

Modification Monday nomination:
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/ceciknits/idlelight

Jen said...

Ohmuhguh. Wow!

Teresa said...

That's quite a mod! I find that many knit dress designs don't really hold water for me, beautiful though they may be, but this one seems like a solid design.