Monday 13 April 2009

WIP: Shrug Shots


DSC07305 DSC07310 DSC07331 DSC07344 DSC07333 DSC07334 DSC07356 DSC07355 This yarn (misti baby alpaca hand paint) is a dream to work with. I scratched my original idea for this shrug, and I couldn't be happier, it just wasn't working out like I had hoped. Another sketch jumped out at me around the same time so I dived into my trusty stitchionary and blamo. Eyelet Links. You can't really tell by the photos but this piece is about 8 repeats wide. I added selvage stitches thank god, so now that I'm at the arm holes I can decrease 4sts on either side for extra shaping. I'm not going to leave the edges bare like in the sketch though, I'll pick up the sts and rib around the same length as the bottom for extra finishing. I'm not going to curse myself, by saying it's going by fast, but I am enjoying it.
Here are some links if you're bored & Happy Easter if you celebrate! Daily Sights & Sounds + Makeup Guru: Temptalia + Vancouver Style Blog: Demicouture.ca + Toronto Style Blog:Little Thoughts

5 comments:

Cirilia said...

Can I just say...


I LOVE THIS BLOG!!

Ibunnysavetroy said...

hehe, my stitchionary looks the same as yours with all the stickies in it!

Hilary said...

Ooooh...I can't wait to see more!

Leah said...

What kind of yarn is that for your shrug?? It looks lovely!

Julie said...

Hi Leah,
wow, you're really deep in the blog archives on this post! I believe Jen was using the misti alpaca, handpainted sock yarn. They have gorgeous colourways.