Sunday 13 January 2008

I LOVE FOLIAGE & FRANK GEHRY

I didn't mention it then, but while I was at Purple Purl I picked up a skein of malabrigo worsted to make a chunky hat a la geeuknit + skrilla.
Malabrigo Worsted Olive love me some yarn cake in the morning... Malabrigo Worsted Olive
Pattern: Foliage - Knitty Fall 2007 Needles: 6.5mm crystal wood palace dnps, 6.5mm bamboo circs Mods: An an extra half pattern repeat was added for a more prominent bubble slouch like I wanted. Couldn't be bothered to switch needles for the ribbing and it turned out better that way. I also added 5 or 6 more round of ribbing for stability Notes: It seems I knit a tighter than I'm convinced I do. I thought about going down a size to 6's but I'm glad I didn't. Inspitationals: geeuknit, skrilla
DSC04029.JPG (pre block in this shot) (post block) alkie knitters rejoice, as a bubba makes a perfect blocking unit now the bling bling, how I lovelove love LOVE frank gehry's torque from tiffanys I've secretly been wanting a ring from toby for a while now.. not so much a promise ring, just something i can look at and smile think of him type ring bling. Love you!
I've got tons more to post about, but it will have to wait. I'm off to work, and then to Mt. Ste. Anne for a few days of snowboarding and relaxing. Au yea!

13 comments:

erica-knits said...

Nice hat first of all. Secondly, nice bling. Frank Gehry makes me happy. You are a lucky girl!

Maryse said...

This is a very nice hat! Have a good time in Mont Ste-Anne!

Anonymous said...

Now I'm gonna have to try that pattern out, the green malabrigo just did me in! Congrats on your beautiful FO and beautiful new ring!

CurlyToot said...

Awwww re the ring.
My now husband gave me a gold ring our first christmas together, and since then its been resized twice and fixed after being cut off my finger after i smashed it in a door!!
I never take it off and its worth more to me than anyone can ever realize!!

oh and i have to say... mmmmmmalabrigo!!

dlittlegarden said...

Lovely Foliage and Gehry ring!

As for the slouchy ribbed hat, I think dk yarn held double could work, esp. if you're a tight knitter, but I wonder how much the cotton will stretch?

Sophie said...

Love the hat... and good snowboarding time at Mont Ste-Anne (is it the one in Quebec... if so you will be only 20 minutes drive from my place !)

lekkercraft said...

Love the Gehry ring, but the hat has me sold! Both look great on you.

Andrea said...

I' can't decide which appeals to me more: the hat, the ring or the boy!

CassieMarie said...

That hat is simply FABULOUS!!
Not to mention you look beautiful in it!

Katyaflutes said...

love your hat! big fan of malabrigo and after eye-ing that hat for awhile now, I'm convinced. nice!

Lara said...

That is probably my favorite foliage hat around. The color is perfect too.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the ring! Very nice style....and it obviously means a lot to you.

Knit - R - Done said...

Lovely hat and it's such a great color. I like the bold ring. It really suits you.

Anonymous said...

love you baby!