Friday 7 September 2007

Most embarassing interview -ever-

So here I am, trying to present my wonderful leadership qualities, product knowedge and customer service skills.. you know put best foot forward... what do I end up talking the most about ? Knitting. Knitting cozies. Knitting cozies for male members. chyeah.. I know!!! I was way way too nervous and in my defence I couldnt help it! I was asked what was the most extreme thing I've ever knitted! I was as red as a tomato, I'm positive of it. They actually might be reading this..(Hi guys! Nova Scotia! Confused? Scramble! ) I figured checking out the blog might give them a little more insight, into my nutter of a brain because I suck when I'm nervous. Nothing comes out right when the brain is thinking too fast for the mouth :( But here are some examples of ...cozies. Some designs are so crazy they rock. *Scramble edit* ! It's GADFLY! Meaning a horsefly, a warble fly or botfly(wtf?) Either way, you can all sleep tight now. :)

4 comments:

kelli ann said...

so, i went on an interview this week and DID THE SAME THING. i actually think it may have earned me some 'personality' points. who knew our craftiness could help us in the job market? :)

Team Knit said...

I think that knitting shows a certain amount of vision and dedication- not everyone can look at a skein of yarn and see its potential! So if anything, it's a MAJOR plus for a future employer.
-Julie

Unknown said...

Hey I say that's a pretty good answer anyway. If someone asked me that I'd be like - um i dunno... extreme?... a shawl?... one time I knit a pretty low cut sweater....
but ya I have it on my resume too in the interests section. I figure if I was hiring people I'd have an automatic bias for a fellow knitter.

Visualbass Photography said...

thanks for all your support, I needed to hear it truthfully. I've been hitting myself over the head all weekend long.
-jen