Monday 20 August 2007

It's too Monday to be witty: FO- Saartje Bootees

morning blogland. I had a girls weekend up at the cottage, so if this entry is fraught with mistakes, take comfort in that the brain cells I have left are working hard willing me not to crave a breakfast beer. *sips tea* (Organics-Tropical Green Tea is outstanding)
Saartje Bootees
Pattern: Saartje's Bootees Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cotton Dk (3/4 of a 50g ball) Needles: 3.00mm bamboo circs Modifications: size larger in needles and in fiber weight to accomodate stash. Notes: I knit the smaller of the two sizes. Great project for gifts as it's got the homemade thoughfull touch, without breaking the bank or your back. Finishing took me a while longer than I expected though the movie Troy was partly to blame. Who can pay attention when Brad Pitt is prancing around in next to nothing, muscles gleaming, fighting to the death. boy i'd like to give him..... uh.Where was I? Oh yes.
Saartje Bootees Detail
Detail of button and garter stitch Saartje Bootees
just *had* to put them on the cat, you know, to see if they fit.... right?!


3 comments:

Team Knit said...

You put them on the cat- I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha - my cat is my baby bootie model also! He always looks vaguely uncomfortable when he sees me walking toward him with another completed pair of baby booties in my hands. he he he :)

Unknown said...

the cat!! lol!! I thought it was a baby wearing fur pants at first!