Sunday 22 July 2007

Saartje's Booties

I've been feeling like the only projects I have on the go are big, honking ones, that suck up a lot of time and still seem far from completion, no matter how much progress is made. I had a hankering for a small and quick knit:

These lovely little things are Saartje's Bootees, a really charming little pattern that is suddenly coming in handy- I seem to know a lot of people giving birth recently. This first pair was made for my friend Laura's 3-week old daughter, Chloe. I hope she loves them as much as I do- they are so wee!

I have to say, such a quick knit was deeply satisfying. I wouldn't be surprised if a couple more little knits cropped up, just to take the edge of the larger projects.

1 comments:

Team Knit said...

oh i love them! i can't wait to get buttons for mine~!