Thursday 19 July 2007

Chocolate Waist-Cincher Top

I've started working on the Waist-Cincher Top, since Jen and I are both part of the Knitting Lingerie Style KAL and it was high time I got cracking. So, this is where I'm at:

It's really just humming along, I imagine that I'll finish the back panel tonight and maybe get started on the front. There is a slight nagging feeling in the back of brain saying that it's going to be a bit big for me, but I'm not sure yet. If it is, I know plenty of people who would be happy to have it.

If there was complaint I have about the book, it would be that there aren't enough small sizes. Most are sized 34" for the smallest, and I'm a 32". So I play around with gauge, but I'm painfully aware that I'm gambling. I'm really interested to see how other people's projects turn out- sometimes a pattern doesn't really wow me, but then I see someone's version of it and I immediately fall in love. Which is as per usual, on any good KAL!

2 comments:

Team Knit said...

hey-! I didn't know you were doing that in brown. I imagined it in green for some reason... and you know who to give it to if it's too big..(heh, heh, heh)

Carolyn said...

Hey!
(Eep! Random girl leaving a comment..)

The waist-cincher top is going to look really nice in the chocolate colour! I'm finding the pattern rather fun to knit up too. Good luck with it!