Wednesday 6 June 2007

Damn You, Dye Lot!!!

See that? Where the lace and the stockinette meet?

That's my personal hell, right there. I can't believe it. I don't know what to do. Especially since I'm convinced that I had another skein of the original dye lot, and I can't find it anywhere. My mind is playing cruel tricks on me, I tell you.
Now, there is a possibility that the average non-knitter will never be able to see the difference. I'm also *really* hoping that once I thread a ribbon through the eyelet row, you won't be able to see the difference. There is also a possibility that the yarn ages and changes colour-- the stash yarn was at least six months old. Also, I'm hoping that blocking might cause it to mellow, and hopefully decide to be more like it's friend, lace edging. I'm going to persevere, and if worse comes to worst, only wear the skirt at night. In dark, candle-lit restaurants. Which doesn't sound that bad, now that I think about it.

On to happier subjects... I cast on for Thermal on Saturday (see 2 posts below for a photo of me knitting the first rows alfresco), and I'm almost done the first band of ribbing. It's still tiny enough that it fits in my purse, for on-the-go knitting.

I'm using Knit Picks gloss, in 'Dusk', on my new 3mm circulars. I really love this yarn, but I wish it would have been available in more colours (only 8- none of which were a rich forest green, which would have been my first choice). I chose Dusk, a lovely dark, denim-y blue. Now that I'm looking at the photo, i'm falling in love with it all over again. I started to panic a bit about an inch into the waistband, thinking it would be too small, but I bound off the stitches, tried it on, and was pleasantly surprised by how stretchy it was. So I undid the cast off row and carried on.

1 comments:

j.sun said...

you know, i really do like that blue. it matches the top you are wearing today and I think that(besides the sailormoonish quality) it looks great!