Wednesday 31 October 2007

Knitted Zombies!!!

Did you know that knitted zombie cards existed?! I saw these about a month ago, and I HAD to have them:
Here are a few close ups

These cards are created by Hannah who knit those charming zombies herself. Check out her stuff on Etsy.

I ordered the Shaun of the Dead series right away, since I loved Shaun of the Dead. That's how I like my zombie movies- as quirky British comedies. I've never seen Dawn of the Dead (too scary for me). I can’t watch stuff like that. You know what happens? Without fail, I’ll spend the entire next two weeks waking up in the middle of the night, desperately needing to pee. And I’ll be afraid to get out of bed and go to the bathroom.

I am aware that I am, by all outward signs, an adult. But I’ll tell you right now- At 3:00 a.m., it’s a long trek from the bed to the bathroom. Who knows what’s out there. Could be zombies. Not likely, I know. But there could be.

My post-horror film thought process goes something like the average eight year old’s:

I don’t want to get out of bed, because if I’m not under the covers, something might get me. There weren’t any zombies in my apartment when I went to bed, but that was hours ago and who knows if they have fought their way in since then. I might not have heard them, I’m a heavy sleeper. Okay, I have to get up and go. I’ll go fast. Good thing there’s a night light in the bathroom. Too bad it’s not some magical, zombie-repelling night light. They should make those, I bet they would sell really well. Okay, now to get back to bed without getting eaten by zombies. I can do this. I can do this! And… under the covers! Ah, safe. Zzzzzzz.

This is why I prefer lighter films, or at least a drama. No one wakes up in the middle of night afraid to go to the bathroom because Hugh Grant or George Clooney might be in their apartment. Unless they've recently been turned into zombies.....

Happy Halloween, everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I'm the same way when it comes to scary anything. Halloween as a fright fest is lost on me. I'm usually ok getting up in this room but the bathroom is on a landing with dark, steep stairs and I am forever creeped out by the idea of something on them. *shudders* I'll stick to comedies and lighthearted fun stuff like The Munsters.

Team Knit said...

You know, even some Halloween-themed episodes of The Simpsons creep me out sometimes. I don't do scary very well.

Claire said...

I am the BIGGEST chicken about scary movies but Dawn of the Dead is my favourite movie ever. I'm still terrified of scary movies but I love me some Zombie flicks. I think you should try Dawn of the Dead. You'll love it! I can even walk to bed down the hallway with NO lights on after watching it. That's a big deal! ;)