Tuesday 7 January 2014

WIP: Classic Red Sweater

I don't often take photos of my WIPs, but I've decided to try something new, to make WIP posts more interesting (not just for you wonderful people, but for me, too!). From now on, when I have a WIP on the go, I'm going to do a photo collage of other things that reflect the colour of my WIP, all with my own photos:

Clockwise from top left: my little miss, wearing red and riding on a red quad bike, a stack of red books from our home library,  lovely poinsettias, and red bell peppers. 

As you can tell, My new WIP is red. Classic, lovely, amazing red. How do I not yet own a red sweater? This seems like a massive wardrobe oversight.

And here is my WIP, the lovely, classic Oatmeal Pullover in progress:

WIP bag

I love that it's bulky (knitting in Cascade Eco Wool, which is a lovely bulky weight yarn and knits up rather quickly on 6mm (US 10) needles.  This is what I cast on when I decided one of my 5 goals for winter would be to knit a cozy sweater, and this will be wonderfully cozy- I've been trying it on as I go, and I get more excited about it each time I do! But let's not overlook that super awesome project bag, a wonderful birthday gift from my thoughtful in-laws all the way from England. It's a durable canvas, and a nice size for a big bulky sweater! I love it- it's simple, it's durable, and I completely agree with the quote.

13 comments:

eliza said...

it looks gorgeous! i agree, a cozy bright red sweater sounds like just the ticket. i always find myself craving super bright colors in the winter.

Fräulein K. said...

the bag is soooo great. and the woolcolour also.

Evelyn said...

Love this concept for a WIP post! Everyone should have a red sweater in their wardrobe. I'm working on a red cardigan also by Jane Richmond. It's her beautiful Inland and mine is in the same yarn as yours!! ; )

Maryse said...

Gorgeous color for this simple sweater! It will be stunning on you I'm sure!

Jane Richmond said...

It's gorgeous so far! I'm loving the colour so much! It's going to look absolutely stunning on you! I can't wait to see it!!

katie said...

ooo i like the new WIP idea. very fun.

Heather in Montreal (hmcclure@sympatico.ca) said...

Julie
I love that you have an old copy of the Manual in your stack! Too funny.

Sarah Hurwitz said...

Love that shade of red! Great photos!

Anonymous said...

Anon. was right! :)

Loulou said...

Ohhh, that sure does look nice so far. It actually looks like a new sweater I just got (bought, not made, so it's not nearly as fine) except mine is in navy blue. But if it had come in red I would have got that one, no doubt about it.

I like your collage of photos too!

Granny Maud's Girl said...

Knitting in red is always the right thing to do.

Sarah said...

I find this kind of post so inspiring - love to see the inspiration for colour and the 'story' behind knits. This is often more interesting than the finished object. Red is a stunning colour - off to add red and a cozy sweater to my queue!

Katie said...

I love this post, Julie! Way to spice up the WIP post, and I love the picture of the sweater in the bag.