Saturday 4 January 2014

New Pattern: Aerie


This pattern originally was designed for the January 2013 Tanis Fiber Arts Year in Colour Club, and now that it is no longer 2013, it is available for purchase- $6!

DSC_3589

This scarf/stole knits up with about 550 yards of fingering. The original yarn, a luscious 100% mulberry silk, lends a lot of drape and movement to the scarf. 


DSC_3560


Hard to believe it's been a year since I knit/designed it! More information can be found on the pattern page, here. I tend to be quieter about designs that aren't available to everyone, since I know a year can be a very long wait for a pattern. I've been meaning to try knitting this on larger needles and with a heavier weight of yarn, just to see what it's like. We'll see if I get to it this winter! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's really beautiful!
Khendra

Loulou said...

That is gorgeous! I love the lacy pattern, the colour and I bet the silk feels amazing. You're so talented.

SewJillian said...

So, so pretty, this is right up my alley!

Julie B. said...

Love it! So pretty! I can't seem to find the link.

eliza said...

love this lace! totally gorgeous! i think it'll look fabulous at a larger gauge!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited this is available now! I actually have been waiting a full year for it. Such a beautiful scarf, I can't wait to make it.

Leigh