Monday 3 June 2013

Modification Monday: Experimental topdown Amelia


Original Pattern: Amelia 

Knitter Extraordinaire: Nicola (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Changed the bottom-up pattern to be knitted top-down, with set in sleeves. Also eliminated the peplum, waist ribbing, and added buttons all the way down. Project page with great details can be found here.

What Makes This Awesome: Nicole has been on Mod Mondays before (here and here), and is no stranger to customizing her knits. What I love about this is that she took the bones of the already very cute pattern and altered most of the details to suit her body top and knitting style. I too prefer how a set in sleeve looks, and buttons all the way down takes the cardigan from more casual to more chic. Nicola's cardigan looks classic and impeccable, and I wish it was in my closet right now!


2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Ooh, that IS lovely. I like the lines, the color, and the buttons all the way down!

Jacey said...

I agree! I love Amelia, and this is a great twist on it!

Also, hello! I have been terrible about blog reading, and respond to comments. Miss you!