Monday 20 May 2013

Modification Monday:



Original Pattern: Dreambird KAL

Knitter Extraordinaire: Jennie (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Bound off the shawl edges together for to turn it into a skirt, then picked up waist edge stitches with the main colour to knit waistband in the round. Project page is here.

What Makes This Awesome: Modifying a shawl  into a skirt is such a great idea. I love it when I see it, but I don't often see it done with a colourwork shawl! This looks beautiful as a skirt, very feminine and somehow a little edgy at the same time. This is the kind of skirt that I bet gets Jennie compliments whenever and wherever she wears it.



7 comments:

Carol Urban said...

OMG, she's gorgeous! I love the blouse, her sweater and her skirt! Love, love, love them!!!

Anonymous said...

Funnily enough, I'm working on a vanilla Dreambird right now. It's cool to see how other people interpret the same pattern.

Ashley said...

Wow that worked out beautifully! It's always exciting when someone can take an accessory and completely reimagine it as something completely different.

Her whole look here is beautiful

Voie de Vie said...

I think that pattern works almost better as a skirt - well played!

Hilary said...

What a clever idea! I'd never think to turn a shawl into a skirt...but it looks awesome!

Unknown said...

Brilliant!

Little Miss Know-it-all said...

Very Maid Marian! Cute!