Friday 14 September 2012

WIP: Suncrest

This past Saturday I pitched in at the Tanis Fiber Arts booth at the KW Knitter's Fair. Guy brought Lila, since she is still exclusively breastfed so we can't be apart for too long. She's rocking a great little dress knitted by Auntie Tanis:

Tanis_Julie_Lila
 Tanis is wearing Suncrest, I'm wearing Solaria, and Lila is wearing Clara

Big thanks to Guy for spending almost 8 hours circulating the fair and the parking lot with Lila, sometimes in her carrier, sometimes in her stroller. They were troopers, both of them!

 I've recently cast on for my own Suncrest. I'm not too far in, but here it is:

triangle1 I can't say enough good things about the Red Label yarn- I'm a sucker for single ply, and the cashmere and silk... drool. It's ridiculously amazing. I need to get more of this yarn, I should have grabbed an armload while I was at the fair!

14 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your WIP shot! Lila was such a star at the fair.

Kim said...

Oooh! That yarn does look lovely!

Zenitude said...

I did see your hubby and Lila along with Chris walking around! They did a great job.

Anonymous said...

All three of you girls look gorgeous in your hand knitted items. And how sweet of your hubby to spend the day like that!

erica-knits said...

Oh my goodness, is Lila a red head? I can't tell if it's the photo coloring or not. So cute!

I totally should have asked you to pick up a skein or two for me!

Sandra said...

I saw Guy and Lila walking around - that's a special guy you have there. (I'm the one who brought the finished two-tone Suncrest, and almost finished Koigu one - it's finished now and GORGEOUS))

Voie de Vie said...

What a wonderful photo of you wonderful ladies in your beautiful hand knits! It sounds like Guy and Lila saw as much visitor traffic as the booth. :)

Katie said...

I can't get over how cute Lila is! Also I'm loving Suncrest - I missed that pattern somehow!

Evelyn said...

Thanks for sharing that wonderful photo of you three ... I so wish I could have popped up there for the festival. Your Suncrest is going to be gorgeous!

Vee said...

Aw, Lila is very cute :) I'm looking forward to seeing the Suncrest. The yarn is just gorgeous!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Such a cute picture. I love the colour of your suncrest..

Unknown said...

Beautiful yarn, and a great photo! I really wish I could have gone this year!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo. We too saw you at the fair ... actually we hadn't even gotten in before we were told to keep an eye out for the adorable girl in the knit dress. I had brought my 2 month old little man (who was wearing a cute little sweater knit in TFA yellow label), it's like everyone thought the babies all knew each other lol.

Jacey said...

Such a cute picture of the three of you! And I love the start of your new shawl. That color is gorgeous!