Monday 11 June 2012

Modification Monday: The Wool Peddler


Original Pattern: Wool Peddler's Shawl

Knitter Extraordinaire: Maria (Ravelry ID, blog)

Mods: Using a simlpe raglan sweater as a starting point, Maria incorporated her the lace from the original shawl pattern. Project page can be found here.

What Makes This Awesome: I'm a big fan of taking a lace shawl and transforming it into a sweater or top, because it's such a great way for a knitter to take their favourite elements and incorporate it into something totally new. Here, Maria took the simple design of the shawl and turned it into a classicly beautiful pullover. I love it, it looks like the knd of sweater I'd pull on all the time.


5 comments:

Evelyn said...

This is a wonderful mod. I need a pullover just like this one ... and in RED!

Teresa said...

What a cute sweater!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Very cute!

grandmastatus said...

I love your Modification Mondays. That's why I nominated you for the Sunshine Award. I know it feels kind of like a chain letter, and I figure you've probably been nominated before. But I couldn't go without telling you that your blog is a bit of sunshine in my life. I love following you, and your patterns and presence and now your wee one! ^_^ Yay sunshine!
http://dontdroolonthewool.blogspot.com/2012/06/bit-of-sunshine.html

Jacey said...

It is so cute!