Friday 1 June 2012

Mitten Troubles

I've been working on a pair of mitts featuring these colours for the Tanis Fiber Arts KAL, but haven't quite hit on the pattern that I'd really like just yet. (Horribly unblocked photos approaching!)


The corrugated ribbing isn't thrilling me, it's not as stretchy as I would like. I then decided to invert the colour scheme, and tweak the design slightly:


I still really like the colours, but the pattern isn't right yet. Since these photos were taken, I've frogged both completely, and am restarting with the plain white ribibng for the cuff, and a new idea for the colourwork. We'll see what happens! It's funny, sometimes a new design idea is awesome straight out of the gate, and other times it takes so many starts and re-starts.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the color combo :-) I'm sure they'll turn out fantasic!

eliza said...

i love the colors, but i see what you mean... they look fine, but it's not quite living up to it's potential. good luck!

Anonymous said...

I have learned that less is more especially in design. So I love your idea of starting with white before adding all the pretty colors. It should help the colors pop out more. Can't wait to see the final version.

Sassy said...

Just come across your blog, love your style. Am just a beginner, so it's nice nosing at other peoples creationns.

Lauraline said...

Nice color combo! Thanks for sharing the process, it's nice to see the thinking/knitting process of a designer. I'm not there yet, but it is inspiring! I can't wait to see the final project.

Maryse said...

The pattern is interesting though. Maybe it's the colors that are not contrasting enough (although the combination will work great for something else I think!) I look forward to see the metamorphose! Happy Sunday!

kate said...

Lovely colors - they remind me of a sunset.

Amber Weinberg said...

I have to disagree - I love the first photo - I would totally be jealous of those mitts

Tejidos Turki said...

I like the colors you knitting, but i´m agree with you in the stretch. Fuerza, siga intentando, es el trebajo de nosotras las tejedoras. Saludos.

SuperTalentosas said...

Hello!

11 years ago founded a virtual group that became a company that organizes, educates and develops actions and events that enhance the artisan and manual production, craft, art and popular culture.

We invite you to participate and spread among their friends and contacts in June/2013held in Porto Alegre / RS - Brazil, the First Latin American Congress of Knitwear -manual and mechanized and the world's eyes will turn to this ancient technique of greatimportance for the global economy.

If you want to attend this event, keep in touch with us.

Touting you also support us, and on behalf of all those who love knitting too thank you!

Roberta Bronaut
contato@supertalentosas.com.br
www.supertalentosas.com.br