Monday 19 March 2012

Modification Monday: Purple Mystery Top



Original Pattern: 198 yards of Heaven

Knitter Extraordinaire: Sachiko (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Created a top-down raglan top based on the original shawl design, and added a great cowl. Project page is here.

What Makes This Awesome: A shawl into a top, people! Holy cow! This is a beautiful way to incorporate a lace pattern you admire into a totally different garment, for those that aren't that keen on triangular shawls.  I find this so inspiring- the top looks really modern and wearable, and still has the great lace design of the shawl. What a fantastic idea!

16 comments:

Vessna said...

this is just perfect :)

Sam said...

What a wonderful top.

I did something similar with my Brandywine cardigan, using the scalloped pattern and smocking from Robin Ulrich's lovely Brandywine Falls shoulder wrap.

Magdalena said...

gorgeous! fab idea :)

Vanessa said...

D'oh! Why didn't I think of that! I love it.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the most beautiful and feminine things I have ever seen. And the color is stunning. I would love to knit this pattern. Lacework is my favorite thing. Just lovely!
Have a great week Little Mommy!
Danette

Nat at Made in Home said...

Very clever

grandmastatus said...

I love it! Shawl to top! ♥

polkaknits said...

Wow! That's pretty amazing. I didn't think about turning shawl into top with cowl. Just wow!

Jacey said...

I agree; it's very inspiring. I love the semi-solid yarn she used, too.

Evelyn said...

Knitters are an amazingly creative bunch! This mod is incredibly pretty -- I'd love to see someone wearing it to get a better sense of what it looks like on. I'll go peek at the projects page.

dclulu said...

Holy cow is right! That is wondrous.

danielle said...

Oh my gosh - sooooooo beautiful! The color and the design!!!!!

Dreamsherl said...

Just beautiful. I wish I was small enough to wear it.

Erin Kate said...

It's Gorgeous! I love it!

Igraszki z włóczką said...

rewelacja, pozdrawiam

Teresa said...

What a cool idea. I love the look of shawls, but generally don't wear them. This may be the perfect way for me to get the best of shawls, without actually wearing a shawl!