Monday 5 December 2011

Modification Monday: Green Dress



Original Pattern: 121-27 Waistcoat in Alaska

Knitter Extraordinaire: Lyyli (Ravelry Id, Blog)

Mods: Transformed the original button front cardigan into a sleek sweater dress. Project page can be found here.

What Makes this Awesome: The dress is such a modern, fresh version of the original design. I love the great neckline, and the cables at the hem look fantastic. I want a dress just like this (gorgeous, amazing green included)- chic, interesting, and drop dead gorgeous. I also think that keeping the short sleeves gives more options for layering through fall/winter. Such a great knit!



8 comments:

Peppermint Mocha Mama said...

So very creative! I might have altered the placement of the cables so they didn't have one ending right on the seat area - I just can't imaging sitting on it to be comfortable.

Maryse said...

This is a very nice dress with lots of style! I'm not a fan of knitted dress, but this one is definitely gorgeous!

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love the colour she chose, suits her really well and a great modification Monday... again!

behind the ivy said...

I love this! Great colour and great mods :)

Teresa said...

Ooo, I really like this! Great mod!

Unknown said...

What a cool idea! Great color.

1funkyknitwit said...

Fits like a glove, looks fantastic in that green and great photos - looks terrific !

Rachel said...

Wow--this is great! I love your modification mondays!