Monday 3 October 2011

Modification Monday: Wonderful Wallaby with Robots

 
Original Pattern: Wonderful Wallaby

Knitter Extraordinaire: Blanchois (Ravelry ID)

Mods: Changed the pullover hoodie to a zipper cardigan, changed the hood shaping and added colourwork.

What Makes This Awesome: I'm pretty sure the robots say it all- this sweater is awesome! I love how she altered this great little hoodie with the contrasting colour zipper and the great colourwork. It just makes this sweater that much more fun and interesting. Little boy knits can be so much fun, and think this sweater shows that perfectly. Project page with details can be found here.



14 comments:

polkaknits said...

What a great modification! Blanchois made the hoodie a real interesting and funny cloth!

Erin Kate said...

Awesome mod! How awesome this would be for my boss's son-to-be. I've got to look in my stash!

Jacey said...

Cute! Robots make everything better.

Nat at Made in Home said...

great moficiation, So cute!

grandmastatus said...

super cute!

Anonymous said...

excellent! matching zipper and cc... attention to the little things can totally make a knit!

Nicky said...

That is a great hoody! Makes me wish I knew some little boys I could knit for :)

Carolyn M said...

The Wonderful Wallaby is my favorite pattern by far! I wish I was a more experienced knitter so I could make cool modifications like this one :)

Evelyn said...

I'm kind of speechless at the moment seeing this amazing mod. Love it!

Monica said...

Awww...love the model and the sweater. Gorgeous!

Needles and Wool said...

I love this sweater, it is adorable and the robots are great :)

Hilary said...

My baby MUST have one of these! Thank you for sharing! Also, I can't wait to see what you decide to make with your Scottish wool!

Jen (pieKnits) said...

Ooh bookmarking this, so cute! Love this series.

Teresa said...

So cute!