Monday 2 May 2011

Modification Monday:


Original Pattern: Sorello

Knitter Extraordinaire: Erin (Ravelry ID, blog)

Mods: Changed out the lace detail on the original pattern and instead did intarsia stripes for a totally new look, modified the construction and shaping to turn the t-shirt into a dress.

What Makes This Awesome:  I don't see a lot of mods that involve intarsia, so this knit definitely caught my eye- changing out lace for intarsia is a great idea, and completely changes the look and feel of this knit from the original pattern. I love the shaping she did to achieve the dress, and I like that it looks quite similar to the Danish flag. I love bright colours for a baby- it loooks really fresh. How adorable is that little girl in her fabulous dress?!


6 comments:

Sungopolis said...

Awww. What an adorable model.

Teresa said...

That is a very interesting mod! Looks cute.

Evelyn said...

Great way to modernize this dress, and I love bold colors for kids' clothes, too.

Jacey said...

So cute! Taking out the lace does make a huge difference. I love it!

Maryse said...

It's incredibly adorable and stylish!

Kristen Rettig said...

awww, that face!