Monday 8 November 2010

Modification Monday: Stella


Original Pattern: Estelle Pullover

Knitter Extraordinaire: Tracy (Rav ID)

Mods: Scaled down the size of the sweater and the yoke to  provide a smaller, more customized fit, including waist shaping. Fabulous modification details can be found on her project page, here.

What Makes This Awesome: This modification addresses something that I find problematic for myself- I haven't knit a yoked sweater because attempts in the past have yielded yokes that are out of proportion for my small shoulders (and usually have a crew neck neckline, which does me no favours at all). But Tracy made this beautiful pullover to fit her shape exactly by customizing the shaping and the length of the yoke, and tweaking the sweater in many ways to give the customized fit that works for her smaller frame. The result is amazing- I love this sweater!! It looks beautiful and comfortable, and really chic.


6 comments:

Mariela Alethia said...

I totally agree with you. The sweater fits and looks beautiful!

Nat at Made in Home said...

This is a great fit and I love that colour!

Jacey said...

It's beautiful!

The Sweatshop of Love said...

I LOVE yoke sweaters and this one is seriously lovely! I have big shoulders so I always love the look of yoke sweaters on me, but it makes sense that they would be a challenge if you have smaller shoulders! These are great mods.

Hilary said...

Wow. That is SO PRETTY.

Teresa said...

SO beautiful. I hear you on the yoked sweater issues, but this looks like one I could really get behind!