Wednesday 25 August 2010

FO: Garter Eyelet Cowl

cowl close up

Pattern: Stacked Eyelet Cowl

Yarn: Indigodragonfly MCN Sport

Needles: 3.75 mm (US 4)

Mods: None.
DSC_0588-6

Notes: This yarn is heaven. So squishy soft, so lovely- it's exactly the kind of yarn you want cuddling your neck on a chilly day. Too bad it's actually 30 Celsius (86 F) in these  photos.... but sadly it'll be fall before you know it!
DSC_0562-2

This cowl is amazing- it's the perfect one skein project for a lovely little treasured sport weight yarn you've got hiding in your stash, and it's fast and easy enough to churn these out for gifts for everyone you know. I'm definitely planning on knitting this again- I can think of a few girlfriends that would love them, and it would be nice to have a great cowl wardrobe for myself during the winter months! We'll see. I've been true to my knitting goals of this year of gifting a lot of knitting so far, which I really enjoy.Here's some more gratuitous cowl photos!
stacked eyelet cowl

And here is a photo of the cowl when it was in progress, so you can see how the stacked eyelets play out:
garter eyelet cowl

P.S- By the time you read this, we'll be either on the plane or freshly landed in Stockholm!

18 comments:

The Sweatshop of Love said...

I love gratuitous cowl pictures! This is beautiful! So simple and easy to wear.

Have the best trip ever! I can't wait to see all your pics.

Sarah said...

That yarn is so pretty - the little flashes of colour look like jewels

Kristin said...

So Cute! I love the pattern and the yarn. It looks super soft. :)

Kara said...

That yarn is perfect for that project. It is just the right complement. Great pics as usual!

Allison said...

That yarn really is just beautiful. Hopefully fall will get here soon :)
Enjoy your travels!

Jacey said...

Oooh, I love it! Have a great trip. I've always wanted to visit Sweden.

Diane said...

I love this cowl with the indigodragonfly yarn. What a great match! Wonderful pictures as always. Enjoy Sweden!

French Press Knits said...

Simple yet stunning- the yarn is perfect!

Nat at Made in Home said...

I love the yarn and its name, dragonfly is libellule in French..

Have fun travelling round Europe!

Ibunnysavetroy said...

I love that pattern, it's so fun and simple! I love the colors!

Café com Conversa said...

Olá, I live in Brazil, always I visit its blog, taste of everything in its blog, all its post.
I love its golas, this of its I finish post very this pretty… A kiss

Sarah said...

Oh I love this and the yarn you used!

jennifer said...

Perfection! The colourway is stunning. Hope you're enjoying your trip!

Hilary said...

Wow, what a great cowl! The yarn looks to die for!

Have fun in Sweden!!!

Teresa said...

Beautiful work!
Have a good time in Sweden!

Michele Saunders said...

Lovely cowl. The color of the yarn is awesome! I can see how this would make a great little gift - but I would find it so hard to give it away!

soknitpicky said...

I've never even heard of that yarn before, but it looks lovely! I like how the pattern shows off the colors.

Hope you are having/have had a great time in Stockholm!

Sway Knits said...

I'm sort of falling out of love with variegated yarns, but this one is really nice and subtle. It'll make such a great gift. :-)