Monday 14 December 2009

Modification Monday: Petal Halter



Original Pattern: Petal Halter

Knitter Extraordinaire: Marina (Rav id)


Mods: Aside from the lovely colour shift on the petals, she changed the neckline completely into a v-necked top, and added short sleeves using the same petal construction as the body. Details on the mods and instructions for knitting the sleeves are on her project page, here.



What Makes This Awesome: I love the graded colours from light to dark on this top, the shades she chose are absolutely perfect in relation to each other. And then there is the neckline! The sleeves!! When I first saw the pattern, I thought it was really interestingly constructed, but I wasn't sold on the neckline. This mod is the perfect solution.  I love that the sleeves are the same tiered construction as the body of the pullover, it's a great detail that really makes this top look really well designed and balanced. A great mod, for sure!

6 comments:

Hilary said...

What a cool take on this pattern!

Prelapsaria said...

This is really beautiful! I could completely imagine seeing this sold in stores. Wow.

Teresa said...

This is fantastic. I've always admired this top, but shied away from it because of the original's neckline. I really love this take on it :)

Skein said...

Wow I love the way this top has been modified, Marina did a wonderful job.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing such an inspirational modification. It really is beautiful.

Ibunnysavetroy said...

Love this! I apparently haven't been getting your blog on rav, which is weird! I love this sweater, esp the sleeves. I really didn't like the one in the mag, but wow!