Monday 24 August 2009

Modification Mondays: Francis Hourglass Hybrid

Original Pattern: Hourglass Sweater and Francis Revisited Knitter Extraordinaire: Aileen (Rav Id) Mods: Took the general shaping of the Hourglass Pullover, and added the cuff, hem and neckline details of Francis Revisited. What Makes This Awesome: Hey, who doesn't love a 2 for 1 deal?! The Francis Revisited pullover is a drapier, less fitted pullover than the Hourglass. By using the Hourglass as a template for the body costruction, it gives this sweater a more body-concious and figure flattering fit. The funnel neck and moss stitch hem and cuffs give the sweater its Francis feel, making it the perfect marriage between two projects. And I must confess I'm a bit of a sucker for funnel neck sweaters, so I love the idea of adding the neckline to a different sweater. Project details are here.

9 comments:

Allyson said...

Love the seed stitch edging! Such a nice touch. I hate seed stitching, but it looks so nice! I'm constantly torn.

Jeanette said...

Modification Mondays have grown to be a favorite of mine... nothing beats waking up to go to work and instead goofing around looking at patterns! (let's hope I'm not late for work ;) )

I LOVE both those patterns, and to see them together is so cool.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful sweater! It's a brilliant 2 in 1 sweater and it looks awesome on you!

Michele Saunders said...

I like the mix. It makes for a nicely shaped and detailed sweater.

Reckless Glue said...

my kinda modification --a cowl neck! I absolutely love this....thinking I may have to give that hourglass sweater a second look.

J. said...

What a clever mod, thanks for the tip!

Teresa said...

Oooh, I love a good mash-up :)

Hilary said...

Hourglass is one of my favorites and I adore it with that funnel neck. Such a great, wearable knit!

Patchie said...

Love it when a turtleneck doesn't look bulky...well done!