Tuesday 21 July 2009

Eye Candy

Have you seen the latest issue of Knitscene? I'm in love with it, there are so many great projects. Particularly high on my hit list are these two numbers:
And then I love these(minus the stripes):
I'm also really intrigued by this: I'm never quite sure what I think of ribbon yarn- it seems to knit up in a bulky, vaguely unflattering way, but maybe this knit will break the ribbon yarn curse. Hmm. Longer sleeves, of course. Also, in my daily tour de blogs, I somehow came across this great knitwear designer. I love her ethereal knits- all that big gauge but fine yarn airiness. Just lovely.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that second one!

Anonymous said...

So true! Adorable.

andrea said...

I love the snake-y ropes in the Christina Kraemer Spring/Summer collection!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! They're all beautiful!

jennifer said...

Gah! Too many cute patterns coming out! Sometimes I wish there would be nothing but ugliness for a year or something, to give me a chance to catch up!

yoel said...

I totally agree about the new issue of Knitscene! It used to have a lot of weirdness, but this issue is chock full o' yummy!

Kat said...

I absolutely love the first knit. I have never heard of Knitscene before. I wonder if they sell it in Aus?

Jackie said...

so many things to knit,so little time!

soknitpicky said...

I love those same 2 Melissa Wehrle patterns, along with Hollywood Herringbone (I remember that from her blog a couple of years ago) and the Hoodie Vest. Great issue! I bought it as soon as I could lay hands on it.

Allison said...

I love that second green one :) Thanks for sharing!

erica-knits said...

I absolutely love that second sweater and I will probably have to knit it. Do you know where I could pick up a copy of Knitscene in Toronto?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tip! I had no idea the new knitscene was even up - I love the Heather vest/hoodie.

Teresa said...

I'm so glad you posted this - I'm waay out of the loop (as in, let my interwebs checking go about 1 week behind!) and missed out on the Knitscene preview. Defo some awesome patterns in there.
(I agree re: the ribbon yarn, btw. It usually looks so lovely, but I never buy any).

Sandy said...

I love the 1st & 2nd patterns you mentioned! I might have to buy the issue :)

erngrn said...

that last one is GORGEOUS!