Friday 14 September 2007

Corner Store Sneak Peak

While I normally detest cleaning I find myself everyday willingly doing routine chores. I like the sense of order it brings, and the suprises it yields. I naturally do these chores in my (comfiest)grubbiest pair of jeans and random tank tops. Fine for in house, and even runing to our former corner store...but not so fine for running errands on Bloor Street. It's busy and I'm self-consious. Enter mystery box. It's the last one in my room and untill yesterday I had been putting my tv on it. Inside lay a treasure I had long forgotten. So far, I'm calling it "Corner Store" because thats when I think i'll use it the most- running to get fruits, gingerale and movies. I doubt it will stick, but whatever, it's fine for now. I took a look at the piece and found that I either had horribly bad taste for 2005 or was acutely fashion forward for this shawl fits in perfectly with the falls big chunky knits. I'd go as far to say it's practically twinkle-eqsue. Lots of negative ease, chunky(double stranded yarn) and large cables. I remember starting this project hoping to remake a shawl I saw on some random subway girl. I don't have pics just yet - phones charging. But hopefully by the end of tonight. Stay tuned ;)

0 comments: