Wednesday, 6 January 2010

Nativity Camel Update

Remember this little guy, who flew all the way to England to be a part of my Father in Law's Church's Nativity?

 

I think it is seriously awesome that his church has a knitted nativity. Apparently all the parts have been knitted by various church members, although occasionally some characters get nicked! I guess they are just too cute to resist.  Big thanks to my in laws for getting the photos of the little camel in action. And this year, I promise to get a donkey in there as well.

19 comments:

  1. How cute is that! I can see why people would want to steal them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stealing from a church nativity?! That sounds like a straight ticket to hell to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear the little guy survived such a long trip - he looks cute there among the kings. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how different people participated. Your camel fits right in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet that camel is!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just too cute! But dude, who steals from a church? *shakes head*

    ReplyDelete
  7. He looks so cute in the nativity! Its nice to have a project like that for everyone to participate in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cute! I love the knit wisemen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, that's just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. Your adorable camel fits in perfectly!

    I have to wonder...who would steal from a church's nativity set?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A knitted nativity is such a good idea. If I ever feel ambitious enough I might try making one for my nieces and nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! I wish I could knit my own nativity! Maybe I can target to have it done by... 2020 ;-))) It is really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The knitted nativity is such a great idea! The camel is so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these "in action" shots. He looks very dignified and reverential :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want a knitted nativity now! Guess I have 11 months to get moving on that. Your camel is fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally cute! I love it! Your camel has found a pretty good home.

    ReplyDelete
  16. An update from G's dad-

    "It's not so much that things get stolen from the nativity; we hide them all around the church at the "Crib Service" and the kids hunt for them. But I think some of the sheep have proved just too adorable....

    Thanks Julie - he's MUCH admired"

    ReplyDelete
  17. may i know the knitting pattern for the camel?

    ReplyDelete